Connect with English Raven on Twitter!
Copyright 2001-2011 Jason Renshaw / English Raven Educational Services PTY LTD. All rights reserved. ACN 123 251 927
English Raven's LEAP Skills Curriculum
LEAP stands for Learning English for Active Proficiency. The LEAP materials being developed by English Raven are specifically designed for older children and teenagers and teachers who want lesson material options that include both print and digital versions.
The same material above formatted into a slide-based lesson presentation format, for teachers to use on classroom screens or IWBS. The screencast here has a quick demonstration of how the material can work for lesson purposes.
Example of the core material for a LEAP speaking lesson. This can be used as a printed worksheet, quick screen-based lesson, or even a digital resource the learners access on their own computers at home.
Samples for Download:
Unique features of the LEAP Skills Curriculum materials include:
- Quick, easy to produce and use lesson material;
- Lesson materials divided into core skill areas (speaking, listening, reading, writing, grammar) which can be used for targeted practice or mixed and matched for integration of multiple skills;
- Embedded digital sound files, meaning no separate listening files nor Internet connection required to use any of the materials;
- Flexible options to run screen-based lessons for the whole class, individual work on computers at school or at home, and/or print-based lesson materials;
- Open source versions of the material available so that teachers can adapt and customise them for the specific needs of their learners;
- Hundreds of LEAP units planned, giving teachers a world of lesson options and ideas.
The LEAP framework and unit materials are still undergoing development, but will be available to all English Raven members soon!